My name is Christine Issa and I am taking part in the Dundee Royal Bank of Scotland Kiltwalk to support Fonsa. I learned about this wonderful charity during a talk held by the Dundee - Nablus Twinning Association. Fonsa is a charitable trust that aims to alleviate poverty and promote education in Nablus and its surrounding areas. The Palestinian city of Nablus and its surrounding rural villages continue to endure the Israeli Occupation. Education, businesses and agriculture have been severely affected as a result. There is high unemployment and endemic poverty.
Working with communities to support projects in partnerships with local groups, Fonsa:
• supports students at college and university in Nablus
• funds the training of nurses and midwives in Nablus
• plants olive and fruit trees in vulnerable areas
• provides water tankers for remote villages
• supports projects in response to local needs
• works with other charities and organisations on the ground
Please help Fonsa to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Nablus and its surrounding villages by using the ‘Give Now’ button. Please also spread the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. Thank you in advance for your generosity.